The Student Success team at the Graduate School of Education and Human Development (GSEHD) strives to build a seamless student experience from the moment students decide to join the community through graduation. Support and advocacy are GSEHD's priorities as the team partners with students to enrich and accelerate academic, personal, and professional success.
- Student Handbooks
NOTE: Any form requiring a Dean’s Office or School Official Signature should be returned to Student Services for processing.
- Program Verification for Licensure
- Online Graduation Application Instructions
- Complete Withdrawal Form
- Half-Time/Full-Time Status Certification
- Incomplete Grade Contract
- Leave of Absence/Continuous Enrollment Form
- Portfolio Completion
- Program Plan of Study Change Request (MA,EdS,Certificate)
- Registration Transaction
- Comprehensive Examination Request Special Sitting
- Consortium Registration
- GSEHD Combined Enrollment Application Form
- GW Student Health Insurance Waiver Form
- Late (Paper) Graduation Application - Only to be completed when instructed to by Student Services Representative
- Doctoral Student Checklist - For reference only, this checklist serves as your overarching to-do list during your doctoral program.
- Dissertation Committee Membership - This form indicates the members of your committee.
- Dissertation Proposal Approval Form - Your faculty will use this form to approve your dissertation proposal.
- Dissertation Approval Form - Your faculty will use this form to approve your dissertation as ready for the oral defense.
- Request for Dissertation Oral Examination - Use this form to formally submit your dissertation materials and select the date for your oral defense. For more information, please see our Dissertation Defense Information page.
- ETD Approval Form - Your faculty will use this form to approve the final, written version of your dissertation for ProQuest submission and graduation.
- Program Plan of Study Change Request (EdD, PhD) - This form allows you to substitute different courses in place of program requirements.
- Admitted Student Guide: Follow steps to accept your offer of admission, register for courses, and confirm your attendance.
- New Student Guide: After you've accepted admission, follow this guide for next steps and get familiar with university resources.
- Student FAQs: Get answers to common questions about registration, financial aid, etc.
- How to Register Online
- Step-by-Step DegreeMAP Access
- Dissertation Content and Style Guide
- Final Instructions After Dissertation Oral Examination
- International Student Guide and Resources
- Taskstream Student FAQ
- Research Support
- GSEHD's Designated Reference Librarian Team and Library Resources
GSEHD has a designated team of support from GW Libraries & Academic Innovations (LAI), broken down by GSEHD department. The team is dedicated to connecting faculty and students to all the services LAI has to offer. In the event you need a single point of contact or address, email@example.com is the fastest, easiest way to reach a librarian.
Dissertation Support Group
The Dissertation Support Group (DSG) provides doctoral students a repository of materials to refer to while writing a dissertation. Each semester the DSG hosts several workshops designed to assist students in the research and writing process, as well as online support sessions where doctoral students, faculty, and alumni provide mutual support. For questions, email Doctoral Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Dean, Office of Student Life
Educational Leadership (On Campus programs): email@example.com
Senior Academic & Career Coach
Madison supports Master's and Certificate students in the following areas:
Curriculum and Pedagogy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Education: email@example.com
Educational Leadership & Administration + Educational Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Academic and Career Coach