The Racial Justice Education Writing Collective: Conversations Toward Racial JusticeAn Evening of Dialogues on the Process and Significance of Writing about Race and Racism in Education
The Racial Justice Education Writing Collective invites you to an evening of dialogues focused on the process and significance of writing about race and racism in education. Three panels of students from GW's Graduate School of Education and Human Development will present their racial justice writing projects and facilitate conversations on key topics in racial justice education.
Feel free to join any or all of the panel conversations.
Welcome by Dr. Brian Casemore - 5:30-5:40pm
Panel 1 - 5:40-6:30pm
- Setting the Scene: Interrogating Access, Belonging and White Supremacy
- Panelists: Rachel Glazer, Liam Goff, and Tasha Williams
Panel 2 - 6:35-7:25pm
- Encountering the Self, Encountering the Other
- Panelists: David Kongstvedt, Helen Starkweather, and Catherine Wigginton Greene
Panel 3 - 7:35-8:25pm
- Because Our Histories are Not the Same: Affect, Action, and Discussion
- Panelists: Mindy Galvan, Lance Pace, and Amelia Weinberg
The Racial Justice Education Writing Collective is a group of teachers, students, and scholars affiliated with the Graduate School of Education and Human Development at GW, building community through writing about racial justice in education.