Graduate Certificate in Teaching Strategies and Classroom Management for Jewish Studies Educators
Students completing the Online Certificate in Teaching Strategies and Classroom Management for Jewish Educators will:
Examine, reflect, and demonstrate an understanding of the essential questions and approaches for pedagogy in Jewish education, including:
- a conceptual basis in formal education - both within and beyond their specific content expertise - and be able to integrate hands-on learning components within formal classroom instruction.
- The capacity to analyze, explore, explain and interpret Jewish texts in a variety of disciplines and apply critical thinking in the selection of material when creating curricula.
Have the ability to be reflective on their knowledge and understandings and apply a deeper level of analysis and critique by:
- Examining and reflecting on the interconnections between effective instruction and positive classroom management.
- Engaging in reflective writings in response to course readings and experiences.
- Leading and participating in giving feedback and critiques to discussion-board prompts.
Will be knowledgeable and effective leaders in their profession by:
- Engaging in individual inquiry into questions that explore issues related to teachers and teaching.
- Planning, implementing, and evaluating learning activities that apply research-based practices.
- Linking instructional and management strategies to specific content and thinking goals.
After completion of the certificate, Jewish educators who pursue the work will possess the pedagogical skills needed to teach content specific to a Jewish studies curriculum.
For students pursuing a Graduate Certificate in Teaching Strategies & Classroom Management, the following requirements must be fulfilled: 12 credits in required courses and a portfolio.
In addition, students must successfully complete a portfolio consisting of representative works from each of the four required courses.
- Online Application
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts (unofficial)
- Application Fee
We encourage you to apply as early as possible for the next available start term. Please contact the admissions team with any questions.