Credit/No Credit Request Form (Spring 2020)

Thank you again for your patience, flexibility and understanding in response to these rapidly changing times.

By now you should have received an email from Provost Brian Blake stating that the university is making academic adjustments for students. What this means is that GSEHD students will have the option to take each of their graduate courses credit/no credit (this is the graduate school version of pass/no pass); but please note this applies (for now at least) only to Spring 2020 semester courses that have not yet concluded. Below, we provide guidelines for GSEHD students who may wish to consider credit/no credit.

  • You must first consult with your GSEHD instructor and faculty advisor. (Students can confirm the name of their faculty advisor in Degree Map). Please note that your decision does not need to be made immediately, but you will need to decide by April 24th, 5pm EDT.
  • Students who still wish to complete their courses for a letter grade may continue to do so. For many students, receiving a letter grade will be important and necessary for future academic plans or for professional and licensure requirements.
  • Students of any academic standing may take as many Spring 2020 courses as they wish as credit/no credit, and this will not count against the usual number of credit/no credit courses they are allowed.
  • A credit will suffice in courses that are prerequisites for another course.
  • Students should check to make sure that they are receiving grades in courses that are required for continued financial aid, VA Benefits or tuition reimbursement.
  • A 3.0 minimum GPA is required for graduation; a final grade of credit/no credit does not contribute to GPA.
  • Once a student chooses credit/no credit, that decision cannot be reversed.

How can GSEHD students switch from a letter grade to credit/no credit?

  • Students who wish to switch from a letter grade to credit/no credit must consult first with their instructor and faculty advisor.
  • The process for switching a class to credit/no credit can be completed using the Credit/No Credit Request Form below.
  • Please fill out and submit a form for each course you wish to take credit/no credit.

We wish you the best with your academic studies over the course of the next few weeks. Please keep in touch with your GSEHD faculty advisor.

By signing this form, I understand that I will not be able to change the grade mode back to "graded" once processed.